Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this one is pretty! 12ga/18" Remington 870 Express HD with great looking wood! Found the picture on Google. Wouldn't mind having this gun. May even trade in my S&W 357mag... :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Laminated and poor finish, thats an Express for you. At least look for a Wingmaster if you are considering trading your Smith and Wesson, a much better shotgun that I am sure you would be happier with over the Express.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
If you ever are really serious about trading a Smith .357 for an 870 Express, let me know. I don't even care what Smith it is, the Express is all yours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Slugo, I agree thats the best looking HD style gun I've seen and it could also be very useful in some hunting situations.
I'm not a tactical wannabe. I just hunt in thick sapling mazes so choked with honeysuckle and briers its hard to turn around with an 18.5" barrel, and usually spend some time crawling on all fours. BTW, I use a full buttstock with pistol grip to help absorb recoil from 3.5" 1000+ grain shot and buffer loads. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I'd get it.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
It is going to be pretty hard to take that HD shotgun everyplace you can go with the S&W. It won't fit on your belt nearly as well.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Nice gun! I've got the same one, but with Ahrends smooth cocobolo grips on it.

If you change your mind, my offer stands. I wouldn't mind having two of them. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are funny! Currently, I'm looking for a Model 27 in 4" or even 6". I'd settle for a Model 28 4" also...

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah, it's an easy gun to shoot. It is my main home defense weapon, stoked with 125g JHP Federals. One shot and it's pretty much DOA...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.