Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Nova 12ga. and was thinking about ordering the recoil reducer kit for it, Its not that it kicks hard its my weak shoulder (old motocross injury), does anybody have the kit and does it make that much difference when shooting 2 3/4 shells for dove?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I own the recoil reducer for the SBE and love it. The Nova kit is 5 oz heavier since it's a pump and the frame is alloy. The effectiveness is outstanding. Recoil is reduced to a mild shove. If recoil is that big a problem for you and you must own the 12g as opposed to trading down to the 20g, a shoulder pad, the reducer, and maybe an aftermarket recoil pad on the stock should reduce to felt recoil to very comfortable levels. A ported/compensated extended choketube set will also help but may make you deaf without earplugs.

G

·
The recoil reducer does work. I have a 26 in barrel nova and installed the reducer last spring. I shoot mostly trap, and have used everything from the cheap 1oz promo loads to 1300 fps sporting clay shells. The mercury reducer does take the kick out. My shoulder used to be black and blue the next day after 125 rounds, now its fine. It also balances the gun better. What you wind up with is a very accurate, reliable trap gun that will shoot any shells you would like to try. You can also remove the hard rubber recoil pad that the nova comes with, and replace it with an aftermarket one that will soak up whatever recoil is left. The PAST recoil pad ,which you wear like a shoulder holster, will also absorb lots of recoil. Good luck and I hope you find the solution that keeps you shooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.