Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only heard good things about the Nova Pump. Does anyone have ANY complaints about it? I'm most likely going to buy one after Christmas. Just wondering if it's the BEST choice?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Personally, I don't have any complaints... but I can list the ones I have heard:

1. Forearm Rattle - This is the biggest complaint (solved by tightening two allen screws on the forearm).

2. Look - People don't care for the look.

3. Misfires - Some guy on here continually claims that he knows of two Novas that don't fire on the first (or second) shell. However, I'd have to say he is in a vast minority. I haven't heard of any other misfires with properly maintained Nova's. Quite the opposite, infact.

4. Trigger - Someone around here loves to complain about "horrible" trigger on the Nova. I'll say it again... it's on level with any guns in that price-range. Not something unique to the Nova at all.

That about sums up the complaints I have heard. Oh yeah, it is not American-made. However, if you are desperate, you can use it to dig a fox-hole against the Italians. So, stuff that argument. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's hard to get just the right amount of wood grain highlights from the stock?

Seriously, it is what it is. A no-nonsense marsh gun. I am hunting ducks and geese with it and I think THEY may have a big problem with it!

Great gun for the money.

·
Registered
301 Posts
the guys in my club almost banned me when I showed up at the skeet field.....one bud put up a cardboard sign " no ugly guns allowed "....ha ha ha I am the one laughing now I let them all use it and guess what we have three new UGLY guns all in the last week..................YOU WILL not be disappointed good choice

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just BUY IT!

It works. It's good quality. Rattle? Heck, you won't even notice just because you're having so much fun with it. I use mine for shooting clays. Damn it's fun. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
The rock hard but pad. But by now there should be some cheap alternatives. It also shoots slugs with good grouping threw the smoothbore.I buoght my camo for $359.00 2years ago. I just saw the black for $399.00 that sold for $299.00 2 years ago. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.