Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,721 Posts
I patterned my gun and was shooting left, figured it was due to thick cheeks. Just recently had an adjustable comb installed, havent had a chance to pattern again to see if it helped any.

Hope you get it shooting straight again!

· Registered
1,721 Posts
By sandbagging your gun, you will find out where it shoots. Ive never really cared where my gun shoots, but where I shoot my gun. lol

What I do when patterning my gun is take a large piece of paper (butcher paper, wrapping paper), draw about a 4 inch circle in the middle of it, color it in, step back about 20 yards and bring the gun up to my shoulder and fire 5 rounds at the circle.

Then I go and find the center of impact, take a pen with a piece of string attached and draw a circle around it. Compare that to my point of aim..

My pattern shows me the "thick cheek" theory I mentioned earlier. As far as height, thats about where I want it, as I like to see my target, not cover it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.