Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of using safety pins to attach my competitor number during shoots.

I have seen guys and gals with clear plastic holders that you can simply slide your number into on the back or their vests. Where can I get one of those? Looked at Gamamiel, did not see them, but possibly not calling them the right item when I was searching.

Thanks!

Steve

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
Badge holder? ID badge Holder? Not sure myself; I have seen a few with them - they seem to work better than the shotgun designed tie-tack type as well.

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
What are the typical size for those number badges?

·
Registered
27,021 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Have you looked at Staples or Office Max? How about a store specializing in runners apparel? I see plenty of runners having their number in a larger plastic holder.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
oneounceload said:
greensock said:
That looks like the ones I saw

Are all of the major shoots using a number sheet that is basically the same size?
(Been a long time where I wore a number since I tend to work those shoots)
To my knowledge there are really two sizes that are used. Either one will fit in the lonesome Charlies holder I'm pretty sure. I know quite a few guys who use then. $11 for a handmade piece is pretty fair in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
At Nationals a few years ago, I think, they gave out a set of four target pins at registration in the "goodie bag." I used them for Nationals and never again.

They were really uncomfortable. They poked me in my back whenever I leaned forward a bit or sat down. Just not a workable solutions.

I had been using safety pins for years before that and I'm using them again. Other than being a bit ugly, still the best solution, IMO. Using a plastic holder seems like it'll act like a sweat sink as there will be little air circulation underneath.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm going to use the plastic set on my vest, shouldn't be too sweaty but we shall see. I primarily wear it when shooting FITASC. I think I'm going to get one of Lonesome Charlie's to put on my pouch for when I use it.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
andykb692 said:
Can a number be fastened to a shooters belt on the backside as long as it is clearly visable? Or does it have to be highe between the shoulder blades?
As long as you're not shooting an "official" FITASC event (i.e. a World Cup, Grand Prix, or World Championship with "official" FITASC refs enforcing the French rules), the placement of the number doesn't matter. If you'e shooting one of these official events, you might come across a ref who wants the number in the middle of the upper back as is required by the rules. I've only seen that once or twice, though, and only from a non-American ref.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
bopper said:
andykb692 said:
Can a number be fastened to a shooters belt on the backside as long as it is clearly visable? Or does it have to be highe between the shoulder blades?
As long as you're not shooting an "official" FITASC event (i.e. a World Cup, Grand Prix, or World Championship with "official" FITASC refs enforcing the French rules), the placement of the number doesn't matter. If you'e shooting one of these official events, you might come across a ref who wants the number in the middle of the upper back as is required by the rules. I've only seen that once or twice, though, and only from a non-American ref.
Actually the rules only state that "The shooter's number must be attached to his/her back and be fully visible."

As I shoot with a half-vest my number is on my back, but lower than some. It gripes me when the occasional ref will make me move it up. But rather than fight it and then let it get into my head, I'll comply...until the next parcour.

Demi

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.