Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for info

Hi
New user here. after reading several of your opinions and gaining a vaulable link to cdnn ( i did not know they existed)

I ordered a tristar o/u this moring and saved over a 100 plus
compared to some online auctions.

I also did some hard shopping at local dealers and believe it or not went with a ladies/ youth model because the standard stock does not fit me well. (short reach for my 5/11 178 lbs)

I also noticed that some fine rifles have a raised comb on their stocks so when my gun comes in I will either love it or sell it

either way I appreciate every ones opinions

And will let you know haow it turns out since dove season opens here on 9/6

My first double gun was a fox s/s made by savage got new in 1971 took it back after first 50 rounds when the barrel hinge broke an I almost had an accident

That 26" imc/mod was accurate while it worked though.

Got a Beratta o/u next it was an "entry level" when they were first imported paid 199 or 299 for it new at local dealer kept it for a few years and sold it for not much - I could not hit the proverbial "side of a barn" with it.

So now as i approach my " senior years" I have recently got back into the hunting shooting scene. Started last year after I got a winchester nwtf 1300 , awesome gun and now trying the o/u thing again

Well enough of my rant lets hope my aim has improved so I don't embarass my self in about two weeks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Glad you were able to find some good info, and were able to pick out a gun that you got for less than you normaly would have paid. If I remember the gun right, even if you don't like it after you shoot it I doubt you will loose much money if you sell it. I will tell you it might take a few outings with it to get used to the raised comb. Good luck and have FUN. :lol:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have not used them yet but a few people here have and my dad when he had his FFL did alot of buissnes with them. So far no complaints that I have heard of. They are a wholesale middle man who just happens to get great deals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts