Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking in Gunbroken.com and looking at Auto 5s when I found a odd Auto 5, to me it odd. Look under 84751018 for pictures of the Auto 5 I writting about. The safety look like a reverse trigger. The person sell selling it wrote that the Auto 5 was made in 1949. He also wrote that it is sweet sixteen lightweight. I known what a sweet sixteen is, but a lightweight also?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Yuck....

They obviously added a trigger like extension to the standard safety that was used at that time.

Add to that the polychoke and decaying recoilpad.

As far as lightweight is concerned, he may be thinking of the unmarked or "Stealth" (Jeff Mull ©) Sweets that were a lighter version of the standard 16.

IMO it's one to avoid, and I'm less picky than many.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
No matter what you did with the gun, this side of a major rebuild, it will be a $250 dollar shooter no matter what you pay for it. :wink:

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I would buy that safety if I could get it from him. Of course the pad and the choke device make the gun overpriced by about $500. Yes, as of the Monday after Thanksgiving, it is still for sale. I think the safety is the way the factory should have made it, for cold weather use. The abbreviated pre 1951 safety is worlds better than the crossbolt but the "backwards trigger" variation is even better. The same seller has a nice 1917 bayonet for sale also, but also overpriced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.