Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week and a half ago the Fox News Channel was asking its morning news show guests and their emailers, "What is your favorite movie quote".

The reason I post this is because I got a kick out of Striker777 use of, "Why Johnny Ringo, ya look like sombody walked all over you're grave". One of my all time favoites next to, "I'll be your Huckleberry".

I had an other that came immediately to mind but, before I get to that let me tell you about the answer a Left Leaning US Senator gave Fox during that mornings show. He said his favorite quote was. "Let me make you an offer You can't refuse". HOW IRONIC, SIR........I'm so suprised!

The one that came to me was Tommy Lee Jones in "The Good Ole Boys" where he's bathing in a water trough when the Sheriff shows up and tells him there's a warrant out for his arrest and asks him if he is carrying a weapon. Of course he's naked in the trough and replys in the best cowboy dialect ever, "well hell no CC, you know I'm not armed and dangerous".

My wife says hers is, "Tomorrow is another day". Geez

Well you can clearly see where my interst lie....considering we all love guns.....shotguns to be specific.....what's your favorite movie quote??

Noth'in better to do and one less bottle of wine,

Bob

·
Registered
560 Posts
I like Bogart to Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca.
"... it's a hard day to forget, I remember every detail, the Germans wore grey, you wore blue..."

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Patton:
"We're not going to just shoot the bastards! We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks!"

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Humm an off topic. titled "off topic" and it isn't posted in the off topic forum. :w

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
"So, do you feel lucky today, punk?"

BT

·
Registered
860 Posts
Emilio Estevez in (that was then, this is now) - walking away from villain towards his brother who is holding a gun, OK, I`m clear, blast away.

Emilio in Young Guns - I`ll make you famous.

Arnie responding to question as to whereabouts of villain he`d just dropped off a sheer cliff : I let him go.

Roger Moore shoots villain up a tree 400 yards away with a 12 gauge S/S, responds to host saying you missed Mr. Bond - Did I? (with raising eyebrows) as villain is free falling to earth :lol: .

I am afraid I could literally go on for a very long time. :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
retired2006 said:
Ok, I have a question. What does the phrase "I'll be your Huckleberry" mean exactly ? I have seen the movie "Tombstone", but I still do not know for sure what that means ? :shock:
Actually he say's with a western drawl 'I'm here Huckelberry"
In fact he say's it twice in the movie.
First time in town when Jonny Ringo is trying to challenge Wyatt into a gunfight and the second time when he appears by the oak tree and Jonny Ringo is expecting Wyatt instead.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
From the movie 'Purgatory' a grizzled cowboy says "I feel like I've been eaten by a coyote and crapped off a cliff".

·
Registered
857 Posts
"Use the shotgun......It speaks louder to the crowd"

Henry Fonda to Anthony Perkins in The Tin Star.

Reporter asking a fur trapper a question from The Mountain Men...

"Have you ever been lost?"

"Nope, ain't never been lost......Been a might confused for a couple of months, but I've never been lost."

[/u]

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
claybuster425 said:
retired2006 said:
Ok, I have a question. What does the phrase "I'll be your Huckleberry" mean exactly ? I have seen the movie "Tombstone", but I still do not know for sure what that means ? :shock:
Actually he say's with a western drawl 'I'm here Huckelberry"
In fact he say's it twice in the movie.
First time in town when Jonny Ringo is trying to challenge Wyatt into a gunfight and the second time when he appears by the oak tree and Jonny Ringo is expecting Wyatt instead.
I think it is "I'm your Huckleberry", these quotes from Tombstone say it is also http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108358/quotes

I've always thought it meant, "you've found your man", or, $%^# with the bull, you'll get the horns, and I'm the man to do it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Beginner Trap said:
"So, do you feel lucky today, punk?"
Not sure, but I think it was, "So, ya hafta ask yourself.... 'Do I feel lucky?'.... well, do ya feel lucky, Punk?"

Or, another "Dirty Harry" line (lines, actually)....

"We can't just let you walk out of here."

"Oh, yeah? Who's 'we'?"

"Smith, Wesson, and me."

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.