Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm looking for any information on this fine old shotgun marked G.W. Claflin&Co. It is a side by side double hammered damascus steel. 10 gauge. I did find an old New York address for them, but it is a dead end. Any body have any info on them?

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I looked in four reference books and could find nothing on that name. I have to ask, Are you spelling it correctly? Also need a good description of the gun. Is it a breech loader or a muzzle loader, hammer type or hammerless ? Also take a look at the bottom of the barrels under the forearm for any proof marks stamped there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spelling is correct, breech loader, hammer type. Double trigger. I have run across a few other guys over the years asking the same question with no answer. I will look into the proof marks and get back to you. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
With all due respect, you might want to edit the title of your OP, to include the maker's name, as there are a few knowledgeable board members from Great Britian who might otherwise overlook your request for info.

If they see the name, it may strike a bell with them, and could help you out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am still finding nothing concrete on the company, only a couple of old ads. To recap, you think that they just put their name on the product and did not make any firearms?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.