Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Victor Sarasqueta 28g side by side shotgun, that I believe is in good codition. I have used it a few times, and it seem to shoot well. I am curious to know if it can be cleaned up and serviced, not not sure who to take it to, seeing that it's an old Spanish gun. And, am I OK with using Winchester or Remington skeet shots? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
383 Posts
As long as you a solid lock between the barrels and receiver all should be well, you should have checked out and proofed by a competent smith.

RON KONTOWSKY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Victor Sarasqueta was one of, if not the, most respected of the old Basque gun makers. Try Turnbull Restorations in New York. He won't be cheap but then it's not a cheap gun.

'Lonzo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As it was said before, you have one of the best Spanish shotguns. Depending on who made it, (Victor father or son, it is the value of the weapon).
It is easy to know the age, just look for three things:
* A letter with or without a number "1" engraved in the receiver and/or the barrels.

* Running rabitt in circle or in diamond with letters V and S.

* Serial number.

Victor Sarasqueta Suinaga (father) died in 1933. There was a lapse of 10 years before the factory started building shotguns under Victor Sarrasqueta Basterrica (son). He built shotguns until late '70s.

If you get me those items, I could be able to tell you what is it what you have.
Please, email me at: [email protected].

1 - 5 of 5 Posts