Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
lowgun said:
The reason the "ground" debate doesn't have good legs is that only doubles at station six would usually bring that rule change into effect.

That's true Bill but no reason to leave any ambiguity about how it should be scored.

The law of averages would make a grounded high six doubles a rare event except in a tornado.
Gotta disagree with you there. When there's a strong wind blowing from behind the high house and it gusts at the right time, that high bird can be driven into the ground before the "out of bounds". I've had it happen to me and I've seen it happen to others.

Kensington

· Registered
325 Posts
lowgun said:
This small percentage that would fall within the "new rule" is the reason why the rule change has weak legs. I never said it would be a bad rule, just that it is unlikely to get a life.
Well, that's right. But, I wonder how many "interference" calls have been made since the cell phone issue was added (by recess appointment) to the rules.

Kensington

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.