Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apparently have not saved my old rulebooks. I hope some of you have and can help me with this. As I recall, at one time Rule III-A-4 (reprinted below) did not include the last sentance (in bold). Something like that may have been included, as now, in I-C-4 or elsewhere, but it was not mentioned in the definition of Regular Target.

Are there any packrats out there than can help my memory?

III-A-4. Regular Target
A regular target is one that appears after the shooter's
call and within a period not to exceed one (1) second, and
which passes within a three-foot circle centered at a
point fi fteen (15) feet above the target-crossing point.
The target-crossing point shall be measured from the level
of Station 8. The target, in still air, must carry to a distance
equivalent, on level ground, to 60 yards from the skeet house
when passing through the center of the hoop, with an
allowance tolerance of plus or minus two yards.

· Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike. This would be before that, 80's or earlier. I remember a very experienced and well respected chief referee explaining that if a target went through the hoop is was regular target regardless of where it went or landed after that.

My memory in these matters is excellent . Like Mark Twain, it is so good I can even remember things that did not occur. It would be even better if I had a rulebook from that period.

· Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aha! Rule I-F. Thank you DLM. I was pretty sure there was another section of the Rulebook dealing with this. Not so much picking and choosing but that I just couldn't find it. And it uses the term legal target which is why I couldn't find it using the word search function for regular on the on-line book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.