Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,292 Posts
Ah Yes,
Isn't it nice when we can pick and choose which rule we want to use, when it suits the argument at that particular time.

Gentlemen, we cannot ignore rule I-F, which details setting of the targets and does specify the distance in calm air. Same as III-A-4 on distance.

However the last sentense of that rule puts it in perspective as to what is a legal target and what is not.

The last sentence states: The prevailing wind during a shoot may cause the targets to fall far short or long, but they are legal targets provided they pass through the setting hoop.

This plainly provides, that once the target has passed through the hoop, (or the area which would be the hoop), it matters not what the prevailing wind does to it. High, low, short or long, it makes no difference. It is still a legal target, and if you decline one that has passed through the hoop area and dies or does whatever, you are subject to a balk if the Referee feels it did in fact pass through the hoop area.

Windy conditions, (In most cases), cannot be construed as interfereance. I do agree that if the target passed far off the hoop area, then it is really an irregular, or illegal target, and should be no birded by the Referee, and if declined should not be scored as a balk, but in fact re-thrown.

DLM

· Registered
10,292 Posts
Kensington,

You will get no argument out of me.

I can read plain English very well. Thank You.

Until they change that rule, that's what I will go by and I don't give a Rat's Behind what the nit pickers say.

There is no mistaking the meaning of this rule, and I will continue to abide by it as written untill it is changed or superceded by the Rules committee and properly voted on by the State Directors.

I'm outa here.

DLM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.