Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,564 Posts
The reason the "ground" debate doesn't have good legs is that only doubles at station six would usually bring that rule change into effect. Low house targets rarely hit the ground on the field before being shot at and most shooters in windy conditions shoot at high seven doubles in plenty of time because they change their timing on the low bird to allow extra time on the second target. That only leaves the second bird of station six doubles to worry about. The law of averages would make a grounded high six doubles a rare event except in a tornado.

· Registered
8,564 Posts
I didn't imply that a high house couldn't and doesn't get driven into the ground on the field on occasion. I implied that under most circumstances, it gets shot at first. Of several dozen targets that would land on the field before the out of bounds line, most get broken, some more get shot at and missed, and only a very small percentage hit the ground without a shot being fired. This small percentage that would fall within the "new rule" is the reason why the rule change has weak legs. I never said it would be a bad rule, just that it is unlikely to get a life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.