Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two old shotguns: 1. J Stevens 12 ga double barrel, 5000(?), can't find a serial no, just a 17 in a circle, Jostam recoil pad with two patent dates 1913 and 1927.
2. Harrington & Richardson, 12 ga choke, single barrel , serial no 223472, external hammer.
Can any body date these and estimate value?

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Stevens 5000 was introduced in 1931 or 32. In 1941 the number was changed to 5100 and a few years later became the 311 series. It's value would be less than $200 unless it is in new condition (not refinished). Can't date the H&R except sometime between 1871 and the 1990's. Value is probably about $50 since you can buy a new single-shot for about $90. Both were good utility firearms, but nothing fancy and definitely not rare enough to attract collectors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
depending on where your at in the states.i know in the south east or north as long as its mechanically in good shape and cosmetically looks good you can get up to $250. ahnh, love your time frame on the single barrel. :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
errolhunter said:
:?: hi do you have any letters in front of the numbers because that is what will stand for the year made , errol
I have a Harrington & Richardson single shot 12ga with the serial # A981750 that my dad found in an abandonded house in the early - mid 70's. How old do you think it is?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eh, I found the info from a link on this website, looks like a first run edition in 1940. I guess that makes it worth $.35 more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi i have a old springfield 1915 side X side ,it is a single trigger,i need to find a good gunsmith who can work on this gun any sugg?the gun only gets the 1st shot off 2nd barrel is not firing.
Also what do you guys think this gun might be worth? It is in good condition ,Ps Todd

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Todd, I'm betting the 1915 is the patent date correct, (atleast that's what most have been ).

made capable of working properly, and with decent looks, it'll be in the $250 range , higher or lower depending on region.

Most any of your local gunsmiths should be able to get it firing, if you can't find one locally try the gunsmithing forum, there's two or three 'smiths there that might be able to walk you through the fixin'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a single barrell shotgun that the name and numbers are rusted off. After being cleaned up, I could only find a diamond with a G in it. I would like to know what kind of gun it is.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sarader - Would you believe me if I said you have a rare DIAMOND D shotgun? You expect a bit too much from us as we have no crystal ball. If we could see the gun, we could make a guess, but based on the description given, you get nothing. Sorry.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A clear photo of the action might give us a good idea. Most likely it is a utility gun made by Crescent, Stevens,Iver Johnson, or one of several Belgian firms, distributed by H&D Folsom, and sold by a general merchandise or hardware store.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My, how rude of you guest! Marland and All Hat are giving their best expertise for free. Shame on you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.