Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok as u can tell....i have an old stevens 20ga crackbarrel......something is wrong, the hammer wont go down all the way...if i take that screw out of the stock and take the stock off will i be able to get to the mechanics of the gun???also....i was wondering if this gun was of any signifigant value...the gun appears to be pretty old, although im not real suremodel 94 series Mserial number- c44o664...i guess, its the only thing that looks like a serial numberthanx for any helpone

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Yes sir, would suggest a stop over at Numrichs site, do a search and either get a set of plans, about $1.50 or the whole darn catalog, for about 12-13 dollars...tons of cool gun break downs, parts, etc.Shows that the once the stock is removed that you will be able to access the mechanism.Couple of likely culprits, there is a spring and mainspring plunger and seat that could have some damage or debris, and then there is a Top snap plunger spring, tsp, and sleeve that could be the cause, and finally the locking bolt assy is all tied in with the hammer and top snap(thats the lever that opens the barrel)....IF you open it up do so over a sheet or something that will not allow stuff to bounce and hide under things, if something is loose or broken that whatsit will pull a houdini on you in a heartbeat. There is a fine line between a hobby and insanity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.