Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member of our club asked me to work on his 20ga pump that belonged to his Grandfather. He had it re-blued and it looks great, he claims it fires when the next shell is chambered. I asked him if he was still holding the trigger down? He claimed no but I'm thinking otherwise. What I would like to find out is the disassembly drill and also I noticed a taped hole on the left front side of the receiver which looks like it should have something screwed into it? Any input folks on this old Browning design made by Stevens and sold by Monkey Wards? I did see a parts break down but not good enough to figure out what goes into that hole.
Thanks much

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Hmmm I'm not sure where the hole you speak of is. Disassembly was kind of trial and error thing for me. If you rack the slide all the way back you can spin the mag tube untillthe lugs at the base disenguage. Then slide the barrel/mag tube assembly down just a hair pushe the slide all the way foreward and it should slide the rest of the way off. Next take out the screw just under the ejection port and the shell stop comes out. Then you can take the bolt out. Next remove the pin and a screw above the trigger and the screw on the top tang of the reciever and the reciever comes right off and trigger assembly is attached to the lower tang. That should cover the disassembly. As to the fireing problem I have no idea. You can find parts at Numerich www.e-gunparts.com. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts