Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hunted for several years, but just had my first sporting clays experience. I may be hooked. Does anybody here shoot at olde barn through the week? My work schedule is such that the middle of the week is best for me. All of my buddies want to go on the weekends, but I can rarely make that work. Any other places near champaign/Urbana to shoot? What about local shooting supplies...any place local that I should look into? I'd like to start reloading, and it appears that s&h charges would cut the small profits out of reloading. I'd rather buy local. Thanks guys!

· Registered
76 Posts
I plan to visit Olde Barn for the first time very soon. Hopefully within the next couple weeks. I have heard it's a blast!

Sorry I can't really answer any of your questions. I'm quite new to the whole gun scene. All it took was for me to turn a few clays to dust and now I'm hooked!

· Registered
76 Posts
As far as shooting "through the week", Olde Barn is closed Monday through Wednesday, so you would have to go on either a Thursday or Friday.

I have been there probably a dozen times and like the place quite a bit. I think the front course is a little more fun than the back, but I like them both.

· Registered
313 Posts
AOakley42

Can you please provide more info? Time? Cost? Who to contact of just show up? I shoot at Olde Barn every few months as its a 2-1/2 hour drive. However it's worth it. We last shot there in November for the 23rd anniversay shoot.
Thanks in advance.

· Registered
4 Posts
fanugee said:
AOakley42

Can you please provide more info? Time? Cost? Who to contact of just show up? I shoot at Olde Barn every few months as its a 2-1/2 hour drive. However it's worth it. We last shot there in November for the 23rd anniversay shoot.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the delayed response! Forgot to click the "notify me" button!

Olde Barn is a really great place to shoot--definitely worth the drive. Here's all the pertinent info for the shoot (I had a link posted before to our site, but it disappeared; sorry about that:

Clays for Kids
a fundraiser to support
March of Dimes
Sponsored by Plumbers & Steamfitters #149
Saturday, April 5th @ 8 am

Olde Barn Sporting Clays
26628 State Highway 133
Oakland, IL 61943

♦ SHARP SHOOTER SPONSOR Donation amount: $500
Benefits include: Shooting fees, lunch, and shells for four; a box of shells featuring your business or organization's name and logo as well as a banner posted at a station of your choice

♦ SHOTGUN SPONSOR Donation amount: $400
Benefits include: Shooting fees, lunch, and shells for a team of four; a banner featuring your business or organization's name and logo posted at one of the twenty-five stations

♦ LONE RANGER SPONSOR Donation Amount: $100
Benefits include: Shooting fees, lunch, and shells for one

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or go here for the sign up form: http://ualocal149.com/index.php/home/mod/2014-mod-sponsorship-levels-and-sign-up-sheet

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Along the olde barn theme...

Anybody know when "league" starts/ends? Can you tell me how that works? I know that they do have league shoot once a week, but I'm not sure how that works. Last few times I've shot out there, there hasn't been anybody there to ask.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Diyelker said:
Along the olde barn theme...

Anybody know when "league" starts/ends? Can you tell me how that works? I know that they do have league shoot once a week, but I'm not sure how that works. Last few times I've shot out there, there hasn't been anybody there to ask.
Ill answer my own question...Thursday nights at 6 pm. 60 targets, and a great group to shoot some fun targets with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.