Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have a old franchi 12 gauge o/u and I cannot for the life of me figure out what model it is. If anyone can help I’d be greatly appreciative. If more pictures need to be taken let me know in the post or I can try and clarify what’s in the current ones.
My guess right now is a 1960 aristocrat from other posts on here but I’m not 100% sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
If your gun was made between 1953 and 1975, it will have date code consisting of Roman Numerals stamped on the frame or monobloc. If produced after 1975, two alphabetic letters within a box indicate the DOM. The DOM will help determine which model Franchi you have.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
A 1960 proof date would make it an Aristocrat (the Falconet was introduced in 1968). Now, you have to determine which version of the Aristocrat you have. In ascending $ order, the different versions are: Silver King (4 choices of engraving), Deluxe, Supreme, Imperial and Monte Carlo.

www.cornellpubs.com offers a 30 page, scanned, color reprint of a 1961 Franchi catalogue which lists the Aristocrat standard, Trap, Skeet and Aristocrat Silver King versions. Also, Stoeger was the Franchi importer at that time. An early 1960's edition of their Shooter's Bible should have information on the various Aristocrat versions.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts