Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to get an auto but just cant make up my mind on what to get. I want to use it for ducks and also for turkeys a little bit. Im thinking about the 1187 supermag, Win. superX2., or browning Gold whats everyone think. Goods and bads of each gun. I plan on camo finish.
Thank John

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was in the same boat a few months trying to pick between the Win.X2 and Super1187 picked the X2 and I love it.
From what I've heard you can't go wrong with any of the three guns you've lined up.
Just don't drop your standards and get a CharlesDaly Auto. Like I did :cry: But thats anouther story :x

Scott

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
John,
I'm not really into autoloaders,so I don't know the price range of the guns you've mentioned.But I've heard from a few sources [Shooting Sportsman,friends] that Benelli's got an autoloader,built on newer technology,thats very fast,reliable,and almost doesn't kick.Starts at around $1000.00. It might be worth a look.
Good Luck,
Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with a Beretta 391. If you are satisfied with 2 3/4 to 3" shells, you could go with the Urika for under $1000 new. If you must have the 3.5" shells you could go with the Extrema for about $1000. Both are available in wood, synthetic and camo.

I bought a 391 urika used sporting model that had been ported for $570 and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
541 Posts
They only thing with the Rem is that it was originally a 3" frame streched to a 3.5". I have heard good reports and bad on the 3.5". The design is getting old and I am just not to willing to dump the money for a 1187 in 3.5" when you can get a Winny or Browning. As far as those two go they really are the same and the biggest difference is you can get nicer wood and deep blued metal on a browning. so between those two which ever one you want but I would look twards the Winny cause it is cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts