Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot right handed. My right eye is dominant. So, I should shoot with both eyes open. But I don't. I spot the target and start my swing with both eyes open. Then, I close my left eye.

I am 32yrs old. I have been a dove hunter since I was a kid, and an occassional skeet shooter for a few years. I have always shot this way. When I leave it open I lack confidence, and miss targets. It doesn't take long for the instinct to close it to take over.

Early this year I started shooting SC. I try to get on a course about once a month. I generaly break mid 70's - low 80's, (personal best - 89; it was an easy course, close targets) and I am still improving. That brings us to my question.

Should I force myself to leave both eyes open? I know my scores will drop. But will they ultimately improve?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the first of the year, I'm going to try to shoot weekly in my club shoots. They have each event once a month and alternate weekly. 5-stand, SC, skeet, and trap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
astomb:
Yes, I am in Johnson County.

Thank You for your advise, I think it's an excellent idea. I am familiar with Lonnie and his son Travis. We are all members of the same club. I have only spoke with Lonnie a couple times, but he seems like a heck of a good guy. We have a mutual friend, so I know how to contact him.

ThanX again,
Russell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.