1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at two o/u guns, price on them is almost exactly the same

Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 Sporting 12ga 30" brand new

or

Fabarm Axis RS12 Sporting 12ga 30". 3-4 yrs old, used but never shot, all original accessories

Will be using it for skeet and sporting clays.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I would opt for the Beretta, If and when it breaks, there are parts available and folks who know how to fix it.

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
You'll get likes and dislike's for each from others Opinion's, it's still up to you to make the final call.Have you held each of them ? which one felt better to you ? The only true test is from shooting them,they may feel great just shouldering them but shooting will get you a better idea which is for you.

Good luck with your decision :)

·
Registered
Who can have just one?
198 Posts
On the point of replacement parts, I wouldn't be overly concerned about Fabarm. I have a XLR5 and the few parts I have needed have been readily available from Fabarm US, they are very responsive.

You have a win/win situation and Hopper810 gives great advice. If they are both equal after shooting then go with the practical approach, a new Beretta carries a warranty.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Do both fit you well? Is one noticeably heavier than the other? Do both feel balanced when mounting and swinging? What's the price difference? Do any of these questions matter to you? Answer the questions and buy either...as they are both excellent, trouble free target guns.

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Slugo said:
Beretta would be my choice!
Same here,I just like the way they work/feel/handle for me,for the record haven't seen much less handled a Fabram,but from what I've read they are fine guns. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And the winner is...

The Beretta!

It seems to fit me well! Besides the fact it's from a well regarded company that sells a lot of units (hopefully meaning solid support), their 1 year warranty is expanded to 3 yrs when you register, and the well regarded dealer I bought it from adds their own lifetime warranty. and the price was after a 10% discount off a list price that is $150 less than many other dealers already!

1st skeet round was 23/25 which for me is one of the highest rounds I've ever shot. Of course the old saying is that the first round with a new gun is usually the best round!

Thank you all for your input, my heart was going one direction, but i needed cooler heads to remind me to look out for my best choice. I don't think I'll regret my decision!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.