Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I am new to this forum. I have been a fan of CG guns for sometime owning a Forum and a Magnus. Both 12 g. Am experimenting with trap at the local club in the Napa Valley and saw a Guerini Maxum Trap left handed with 34 inch barrel unsingle and a hydraulic A.R.D. ?? shoulder stock. I think I got it right. It's up for sale at $4800 but it has about 5,000 rounds shot through it. My son thinks I should go for the Summit Trap which new costs about the same amount and I will have no worries. Need help deciding.

What is this esteemed group's opinion on which way to go here, if at all.

Thank you and good night.

The Palla

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Go for it. The Maxum is there top trap gun and the cost for one is a lot more than $4800. Yes you can buy a new Summit unsingle the the same price but not a Maxum.
You should know that because of the CG guns you own.
I have a Summit combo and I have 30,000+ rounds though my gun and you wouldn't know it unless I told you.
5000 rounds can easy be shot in two months when the ATA meets start up. Like now. Just last month I started getting ready for a PA shoot and I shot 1500 rounds.
Just look the gun over and talk to the owner. If he will let you shoot it first before you buy it that would be great.
If it was me the Maxum will go great with you Forum and a Magnus.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Kraiza said:
Just look the gun over and talk to the owner. If he will let you shoot it first before you buy it that would be great.
Agreed, 5,000 rounds through a target gun is like a few thousand miles on a new car; it's nothing. Fit and performance are the important factors. Sounds like a great buy if you shoot it well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I am in California and the Seller is in Michigan. So the likelihood of me shooting the gun before purchase is not great. He did offer a 3 day inspection upon arrival here through my FLL. I just spoke to the Seller and he advises that he is the second owner. The original owner bought it three years ago. The gun serial number is 400375. I will call CG and ask about its pedigree. I will later post pictures as well for a second, third or fourth pair of eyes.

My purchase decision will depend on how the Forum performs this weekend. It is a field gun and I will put the extended comp. chokes. Bottom barrel will be outfitted with the Improved cylinder and the top with the Full. Or.............?

Trap is very much a cathartic experience. All the pressures of the week kinda disappear on the weekend at 16 to 20 yards out.

Thanks for your help all.

Palla

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, if it is the one that was posted by Cody4gold He wants $4800 offered to send out for me to shoot provided I put down a check for that amount through my bank. Nice fella and am in communication with him.

I was told that the owner previous to him, the seller's shooting partner (apparently they are members of a shooting team) had shot around 3000 to 4000. That makes it about 8000 to 9000 rounds. Not much I think.

The other option I am considering is to get a new CG Summit Trap. But with sales tax etc. it gets a bit pricey.

Thank you for your continued counsel.

Palla

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.