Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
I've been reading the Shotgun World forums for awhile now, and consulted the Gun Opinions forum prior to my last shotgun purchase - I was weighing between a Benelli Nova (which I purchased) and Rem 870 Express (or maybe a Wingmaster) and read a lot of the opinions before making the purchase and these forums have been quite helpful.

So now I have a "need" for a new gun (don't we all?). I recently got into trap shooting (for which I have been using my Nova) and enjoy it greatly. This weekend I shot sporting clays for the first time and it was great fun, but I realize I have need for an O/U. I was lucky - our sporting clays shoot was set up for following pairs (rather than true pairs) so I was able to use my Nova.

I have shot both Semi-Auto and O/U shotguns and O/U guns have been my preference so far. So I am considering the Franchi Alcione SL Sport with 30" Ported barrel set. Would this be a good purchase for a trap/skeet/sporting clays gun? Is the gun good value? I have no doubt that Franchi are good quality guns but I would just like some opinions before making a purchase.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the rambling message.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I own the shotgun in question, I have shot it quite a bit and like the way it shoots. Wood quality is quite good, not great, fit and finish quality is standard for a weapon in this price range. I looked for several months before purchasing this shotgun and am reasonably sure that it is a good value for the dollar spent. I look foward to getting better use to shooting it and would be happy to get with you later on with further opinions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just cruising through the topics and saw this one. I have this gun as well. I like it. I have shot about 60 rounds of skeet and a few rounds of 5 stand with it. It swings well and shoots well. Mine has an almost zebra like wood grain on the stock and I get lots of compliments on the gun. Most of the shooters at the club shoot Beretta or Browning and it certainly holds its own against them. I also own or have owned Brownings, Berettas, Nikko, Ruger, Ithica, Miroku, etc. This is a beautiful gun with alot of features for the money. I kind of purchased it by default as I had a Browning 525 Sporting on order when they were hard to come by. Could not get one and saw one of these. It had similar features for 1/2 the price. Only drawback I see is resale. When (if ever) I sell it, I know I will probably have to take a hickey. Given that, I would definitly recommend this gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.