Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to buy a new shotgun and after much reading and
research. I am leaning towards a Gold Superlight hunter.

Several reasons. I want a lighter gun as I do mostly upland
birds, pheasants and quail. I am also partially handicapped so
carrying a heavy gun and feeling recoil all day is something I am
trying to avoid.

So my choice at this point is the 20ga 26in barrel and at 6lbs
6ozs this seems to be a good choice.

So my questions to the forum are, Anyone have this gun and
am I am on the right track? And just thoughts in general.

TIA,

Tim

·
Registered
501 Posts
I assume your talking about the FLD (full line dealer)I have the 28" 12 ga. I love it! But it was hard to find. I got mine at Able's in Texas. Beware though, It didn't have the semi hump receiver. Brownign cust service told me the gold could no longer be had with the squared receiver, only the silver models. They also told me the Gold were being phased out in favor of the Silver. They told me they would take the gun back, or give me $50 worth of Browning stuff to make up for my inconvenience. Time will tell if they were bs ing me.. Good luck. Mine shoots flawlessly and the fld models have the shim adjustable stock. When people pick it up, the first thing they say is WOW! this is light! 8)

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
Welcome to SGW. The Gold SL is a good choice for you intended uses. They are not the lightest 20 gauge semi auto's but should be a good compromise on carring and felt recoil. Felt recoil is more important than anything for felt recoil.

dueeast wrote:
I assume your talking about the FLD (full line dealer)I have the 28" 12 ga.
Looks like he's asking about the SL Hunter and not any of the FLD (Classic) models.

I am leaning towards a Gold Superlight hunter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts