Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new shotgun an extrema 2, 3 1/2. I have not had a new shotgun in 20 years. Can someone tell me aproxamate distances that the chokes open up to that 30 " circle. Someone told me that the new chokes open up at the intended range and pretty much hold that 30 inch circle is this true? If someone has recomended reading about it I would apreciate it ty laccanookie

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is going to be world of difference between what anyone tells you for creating a 30 inch circle pattern and the choke you end up using. Type of shells(wad, powder, primer and hull), distance, manufacturer of your choke and your particular gun will all make a difference. You should also consider the results you want. A 30 inch circle has been used forever as a standard. Right now many people either use 20, 22 or the NRA quadrant system instead of 30 inch. You are really lucky if you hit something on the edge of 30 inches. Many people will look at 22 inches for density and then overall look at 30. Pick a distance and a choke you want to shoot at and start patterning.

I was shooting with IM up until a few weeks ago, now I 'm at IC at 16 yard trap and am smoking them. What changed? My powder.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
"A body in motion tends to stay in motion until acted upon by an outside force". Newton.

Once it starts opening it will continue to open, until something makes it stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts