Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking about the kind that fold up into the buttstock/float/waterproof/carry cleaning kit and ammo all in a nice light weight package ect.

What different companies make these things, how accurate are they/durable, do you own one ect....

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I have only one... an AR-7. It's as fast as anything and accurate as all get out. Takes down in sceonds and sets back up ast fast. It's light and I wouldn't camp or hike without it in the pack. :D

Again, though, depending on what and where you want this gun... you can go with the NEF models and have both rifle & shotgun barrels!!! :shock:

OOOPS! I just followed the link and find that my AR-7 is now made by Henry! Mine is black-stock. They truly aree great little guns! :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i've been looking at that henry. I dont really go camping all that much but for the price, every time i go to the range i can pop out a hundred rounds to keep up and up on it. and just throw it in the pack when i go. 2.5lbs and 16" length! :D

once the thing is packed back up in the buttstock, is there any amount of space left to throw in some fishing line/hooks maybe a bic lighter and a few more rounds of ammo? or there is just no space.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Mine has "spaces" only for the rifle parts, but I hear the new ones have space for tent, sleeping bag and blow-up doll! :wink:

:D :D :D

My bad...

As I said... mine holds action, barrel, magazine only. :?

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I now have a NIB Henry version of the AR7... if you're interested, I'm selling it for $140 + $20 shipping... and that's still below average GunBroker prices! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
All due respect I cannot consider a 22 a survival rifle. Better than nothing it might be. Fun rifle for plinking most definitely. I own several.
Minimum would have to be a 223. If a full length rifle is a problem then i would much rather have a minimum 357 6 in barrel in a shoulder holster. I know guys that hunt with them.
Still powerfull enough to stop a critter that means you harm...including people critters. Barrel long enough to have a decent accuracy for hunting and feeding yourself. Cheap enough to be in most peoples cost range.
But then thats just my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.