Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Walt, hard to tell if it's yours or not. Is yours missing? ;) The woman and gun are somewhat silhouetted in the photo and no details are apparent except for the skinny tube, vent rib, yoke and barrel attaching mechanisms that distinguish it from other pumps. Yes, Walt's is the cream of the crop when it comes to Ithaca M37 28s and a longstanding source of envy that money can cure. :) Gil

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My preference would be a stock like Walt's and a plain barrel. Money can buy the stock, but not the barrel. I tried. A vent rib on a game gun is an affectation and not a necessity.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Gil - the barrels are made on a twin turret CNC Okuma lathe that turns the barrel profile and mills the vent rib posts all in one operation. They would have to majorly alter the program to produce a barrel without the vent rib posts. While I take your point about vent ribs on field guns, I can understand why they declined your request.

·
Registered
621 Posts
nesto said:
I would be happy if only they offered it with an English stock. What a sweet little grouse gun that would be...
Found one today online at the Cabela's Gun Library with English stock.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/itha...A&x=24&y=18&Ntt=Ithaca+M37+Featherlight+28+GA

LOP is 13.5" though. Looks like it may be grade AA wood, not sure it is close though. 25" bbl is listed but they only come in 24" and 26" so not sure what is up with that.

I have MEC 9000 reloaders in 20, 16 and 12 but only the 16 is worth reloading for anymore. The 28 would be the other one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A 28ga. M-37 for blue grouse ,. ah to dream.....lol
for now I'm ''stuck'' using 20 ga. tubes in my old 1910 FLUES 12-S or light loads ion my 1952 model 37 in 12.ga. retired 4 years,the ''hills'' are getting steeper on Vancouver island....

·
Registered
19 Posts
A 28ga. M-37 for blue grouse ,. ah to dream.....lol
for now I'm ''stuck'' using 20 ga. tubes in my old 1910 FLUES 12-S or light loads ion my 1952 model 37 in 12.ga. retired 4 years,the ''hills'' are getting steeper on Vancouver island....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.