Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you guys that go deep into the woods, hunting, fishing, hiking, snowmachining, four-wheeling, this little gadget is for you!

http://www.findmespot.com/

Not only that, you could send it with your loved ones when they go on a trip, or your daughter when she's out on a date. It's a cool little unit and looks like it could be rather useful.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Plot by U.S. Government

BT

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
How could this be a plot? The darn thing has an on/off switch! Sometimes paranoia can get a little out of hand, although I fear OUR federal government as much as anyone. Sometimes we forget the government still belongs to us, we don't belong to it. And, yes, I am paranoid about it, too!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
It looks like it has much potential for hunting, hiking, mountain climbing and camping applications. I had no idea this technology was available at $169.00 plus $99.00 annual satellite subscription. I can remember when satellite phones were about $2,000.00 each, not including the subscription. I agree, it is a cool gift idea.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Neanderthal said:
How could this be a plot? The darn thing has an on/off switch!
That's what makes it so deceptive!

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
To those of you who think this is a government plot:

I think you would have to be a fool not to have one of those, any time you go hiking, skiing, boating, or 4-wheeling alone more than a couple of miles from your starting place, or when driving long distances in remote areas.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nifty gadget! Hollywood ought to be able to work the device into a Bourne sequel. "They may know where the SPOT is, and be able to find it, but if They (whoever They are) want Him, they'll have to catch Him first. Ifra-red night vision optics, along with Tonto and Crocodile Dundee, will be essential."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts