Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking the wife to the doctor this morn. and get a cell phone call fom the oldest son of the man(good friend) that farms my place. The son said he now has a old(by his standards) Rem. shot gun that his grandfather just gave him and he wants to put screw in chokes in it. I'm thinking Rem. 1100 or older fixed choke. I went by to look at it a little while ago. It is a Rem. 3200 choked mod and full that looks like it has never been fired. Grandpaw said it has been sitting in his gun case for last 25+ years. At 86 he felt it was time for someone to put it to good use. I asked-No the boy does not want to sell it. Dang!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doppelflinten,
Been gone and just read your thread. The serial# on this gun is 232XX and has the updates. I don't know the particulars as I have not had a chance to speak to Grandpaw of the boy. While it is not my kind of gun (lean to the Italian type) it still is a nice piece . When you put in it was Granpaws it really becomes a special gun! This is to be a lead only gun(clays-doves) as he has a duck gun already(Steel chokes).

·
Registered
673 Posts
3200 Field Guns in this shape are few and far between, Granpa gave him a really great gun. If the young man doesn't care about the collectors value down the road and just wants to shoot the gun a set of Briley's wood make a great shooter and remind him of granpa every time he took it to the field.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts