Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an outers cleaning kit, along with my 870, and was interested if the cleaning solution was any good. I did apply a coat, and it does actually have a nice scent to it (to me). Is it safe for bores? It says it can be used on bores, but I just wanna be sure. Or is this stuff just junk?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
It's fine. Use it up, then pick your next solvent. Heck, it may be Outers. A lot of people (myself included) are always looking for the perfect product, but the fact is a little elbow grease and attention go further toward a clean gun than do any miracle products.

But my advice would be to remember this: Unless something is a clp (clean, lubricate, protect) product, you want to get it out of your barrels and finish with a lightly coated oil or clp patch.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Outers makes a very good nitro solvent...Use it and you won't be disappointed. There's no magic alchemy in nitro solvent so spending more for some "cool" solvent will only make you lighter in the wallet. Nitro fouling is easy to disolve so use whatever is cheap, but use it you must.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.