Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone had experience (good or bad) or insight to the Vang Comp or Brownell's over-sized safeties.

OR

Vang Comp (l) and Brownell's (r).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow! Really no comments? :|

OK, let me preface my request with the following. I understand that the 590A1 comes with a metal safety (something besides heavier barrel and trigger mechanism) that ultimately made me choose it over the 500. However, as an HDSG I thought that an over-sized safety would make it easier to de-activate during an emergency situation (say in the middle of the night) by members of my family who may have attended class but not intend on practicing as much as I do.

If some of you think it's unwarranted, I'll put my $40 towards something that would actually improve my 590A1.

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I've used the Vang. I prefer it over the stock A1 button.
I have not used the Brownell's version. I don't know that I want something that big on the safety.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I like the Vang, its much more accessible than the stock safety and less prone to breaking. However, I have smaller hands and have a hard time getting the right side of my thumb far enough clear of the safety after disengaging it. The extra size that makes it more accessible causes some "bite" during successive shots. I have to re-adjust my grip slightly to completely overcome the issue. Just something to think about if you have smaller hands.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
personally, I like the cross bolt safety on the maverick trigger group.
between the two, I would think the brownells would be easier to feel with gloves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts