Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is considering buying an over/under. He is considering the stoeger condor. (I don't know much about this gun but own and am happy with my beretta ultralight)

My take on his decisions is this: less expensive over/unders have a lesser grade wood and no engraving with some quality difference in firing pins and hinge/locking device.

My advice to him was to purchase a quality used gun (over/under) such as a beretta, browning, remington or ruger.

What would you do?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hi,

As I own a Condor, I can vouche for the fit and finish of the gun. A Beretta or Citori it ain't :) . And one can never go wrong with buying the best.

But I've never seen a piece of fancy wood or fancy engraving break a clay or kill a wild flushing pheasent either. That's all in the shooter not the gun. As far as I'm concerned, the Condor is a good value gun. Mine shoots where I point it (when I point it in the right place :lol: ), and most importantly, goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. Will I be handing it down to my grandchildern? Probably not. And I don't really care. I've got other stuff for that.

If your buddy likes the Condor, I say bless him and let him use it. If he buys a more expensive gun, like yours, that's good too! Buy what you like!

Dale

G

·
found a model 500 over-under Ithica shotgun in good shape.i want to know a fair range in price . i shoot it and it feels good quick I :D trap shoot it has 30" barrel no visable scaring.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Stoeger, being a benelli and a franchi and uberti relativeindicates good company...the price looks good, but then are we buying cheap or owning cheap? can't judge what I never used... :oops: but perhaps one day I'll buy one just to try it out. :?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I think he should get a good used gun. You can find some really nice deals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts