Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Which ever fits you best and you shoot with best.

But if competition and high scores are essential, then O/U is the way to go. They will never fail mechanically. A semi auto will occasionally fail to fully eject a shell or cycle back fully to shoot the next. That would be totally annoying on a doubles shot.

· Registered
1,236 Posts
john n said:
Which ever fits you best and you shoot with best.
Agreed.

john n said:
But if competition and high scores are essential, then O/U is the way to go. They will never fail mechanically.
IMO, that statement is wrong two fold. I usually stay out of this kind of debate, but number one, a semi with one choke is every bit as effective as an O/U when shooting SKEET. Number two, I have seen plenty of O/Us have problems on the skeet field. They can and do fail quite often.

Would I say that O/Us are less prone to malfunctions? Yes, but to say they never fail is a fallacy. A semi is very dependable if properly maintained and cleaned. I shoot both, so I am not being biased here. I have a SX1 that has gone literally thousands of rounds without a FTF or had an ejection problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.