Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got my used surefire 618FA today, I got it off ebay but nothing was mentioned of what I think might be a repair of some sort. I dont know if all are like this or they repaired it with some super glue or somthing, everything seems to work fine on it. Here are some pictures of what I think might had been repaired..... The pictures make it look worse then it really is but just so you get an idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im pretty sure thats just the original glue job. Mine doesnt look quite that sloppy (got it used from a friend) but its got a little gloss in the cracks just like yours. As long as it works I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ben870 said:
Im pretty sure thats just the original glue job. Mine doesnt look quite that sloppy (got it used from a friend) but its got a little gloss in the cracks just like yours. As long as it works I wouldnt worry about it.
Did yours come with a z10 switch blocker? I got one with mine and didnt know if he just threw that in with the package or if it just comes with it??

Yea I got it for $170 and it seems to be in great condition besides that glue job.. :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thats not a repair job , they all have visable glue like that , its just a really sloppy job .... maybe that forearm was finished @ 5:05 LOL

·
Registered
108 Posts
dasanii19,

My Surefire forend came with the switch blocker. I believe it is included in with all forends from the factory.

I did not install my switch blocker until I had been to the range five or six times with the forend installed and I had played around with different ways to hold the forend and manipulate the slide.

Once I figured out how I usually grasped the forend and where I could place my thumb (I am lefty) on the pad switch, I was able to place the switch blocker in a position where I would not turn the light on accidently but it was easy to reach the pad with my thumb when needed.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.