Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Winchester SX3 in MODB camo with a 28" barrel. I am going to use it for all around shot gun work from Waterfowl, Turkey, Upland, Small Game and Clays. I havn't even shot it yet, but I hope to get out for 1 more duck hunt. I like the Duratouch coating as it feels really good and might protect it a bit better.

How are the owners of the SX3 fairing so far?? I wanted to spend around $1000US and wanted a 3.5" gun for every situation I would encounter while hunting. I know I shouldn't have done this but I sacrificed fit for price and desire. It kind of fits weird on me, as it is a very flat drop from comb to heel. I added the only shim with drop, 1/8" of drop. And I still found my head kind of kinked too much to the side for my line of sight. So I added the shim with 1/8" drop and 1/8" cast off, this seems to make it more of a natural mount for my line of sight. How can I do some testing to make sure I am hitting where I am looking/pointing???

How are people liking this shotgun?? Kinda weird they didnt put a fibre-optic sight on a waterfowling dedicated shotgun!! Cheers

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dura-Touch is definetly nice. To make sure it is hitting where you are looking you'll have to pattern the gun. Everyone I talk to that owns one loves the SX3. By the way, fiber optic sights are overrated! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts