Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they are starting early to have some leeway with the weather. The Main is still Saturday and Sunday but I think you can shoot the small gauge events the 5 stand and the Prelim starting today. I'm at work today but have taken tomorrow off to shoot the Prelim and the small gauge events.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
John, can't say that I envy you on this shoot, given the weather. It appears you won't get the snow and ice at Ozark that we're supposed to get up here but still, your forecast doesn't look real great. Shooting in the mid 40s and rain just doesn't appeal that much to me. I've often wondered what Peggy's thinking when she schedules these deals. Guess I'm just a fair weather shooter......

KK

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just my opinion, but I think that the schedule was so full this year with the Zone and the Pan Am / Fiocchi and all, that this shoot got pushed later in the season. It looks like they scheduled it earlier for next year in the beginning of October.
Tomorrow should be OK and I will shoot the Prelim and small gauge events then. I'm not so sure about the weekend though. It looks like off and on rain but the temps here are supposed to go up. I don't think I have shot a major shoot this year at Ozark Shooters where it has not rained. I have accused Peggy of making a killing on Frog Togs this year.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Hey John, what's going on down there? How's the weather, the turnout, the targets, did you shoot the prelim today, hope you shot well!

KK

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it was a wierd weekend to be sure.
I shot the prelim and ended up second in C class with a 64. Most M class shooters were in the 80's with a top score of 89 so I guess I did OK. In the small gauge events I either was first or tied for first in C class in 12 Gauge, 20 Gauge and 28 *****. Of course it was only me and one or two other shooters in every event in C class. In 28 gauge I was the only C class shooter. Low scores in every event! No punches! It was damp and cold but not raining.
Saturday I went to shoot in the 9 AM rotation. They had cut the event down to 100 targets on Saturday only due to the weather expected for Sunday. Well we sat there and watched the billboard on the highway which was barely visible through the fog. If we could read it we figuired we could go shoot. 5 minutes later you couldn't even see the billboard. WE shot some skeet but by the time it cleared up I was out of time so I didn't get to shoot. High score in C class that day was 53! No matter as there weren't enough shooters for a punch even if I had been able to stay and shoot.
At least the ice they expected stayed north of us. There was a very low turnout 26 or 27 shooters total. The only class with enough shooters for punches was M class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts