Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for advice and opinions about a used 20 gauge shotgun at a gun shop. I've found little real info on it except in one book, which says that there are or were three "Bernardelli" manufacturers: Vincenzo, Pietro and a third. Only Vincenzo Bernardelli guns appear in the listings. The only remark about Pietro Bernardellis is that a bunch were "dumped" in the market in the 1980s. Is a Pietro Bernardelli even worth purchasing for limited hunting use? This is a clean-looking little gun with some engraving and walnut stocks. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
The third was Santini.

I was thinking Pietro was connected to Boito somehow, but these Bernadelli's have all been tied to so many different companies, it's hard to keep up without a score card.

I'd think that most any SxS that is safe for modern ammunition would be capable of handling limited hunting use.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bernandelli guns are made by members of the same, extended family.
However Vincezzo is the one you want. The others, even though their guns should not have any problems for hunting use, seem to take advantage of the surname to appear grander and better than they are.

http://www.capeoutfitters.com/bernardelli.htm

If you like the gun buy it, just dont expect it to double in value in 2 yrs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts