Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recently had a choke tube stick in his shotgun. It's a Stoeger P350 it is a synthetic 3.5" Supermag with an 28" barrel. He tried to back the tube out and is stuck so bad he had to chuck it up in a vice. Well needless to say he busted the vent rib and still couldn't get the damn tube out. Now he can't seem to find a replacement barrel.

He was shooting steel at the time and I was under the impression that this shotgun was made to handle steel.

Any ideas or help on perhaps getting the ruined barrel rethreaded for tubes or are we now in the market for a new barrel?

Thanks
Ricky.

·
Premium Member
4,638 Posts
Junkers88 said:
A friend of mine recently had a choke tube stick in his shotgun. It's a Stoeger P350 it is a synthetic 3.5" Supermag with an 28" barrel. He tried to back the tube out and is stuck so bad he had to chuck it up in a vice. Well needless to say he busted the vent rib and still couldn't get the damn tube out. Now he can't seem to find a replacement barrel.

He was shooting steel at the time and I was under the impression that this shotgun was made to handle steel.

Any ideas or help on perhaps getting the ruined barrel rethreaded for tubes or are we now in the market for a new barrel?

Thanks
Ricky.
I'd call (not email, call) customer support. The malleable choke tubes is a problem that is definitely covered under warranty.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
I would send the barrel to Polychoke and have them install their Deluxe model on it. Specify the barrel length you want and you will be a happy camper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts