Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 16 ga. GH damascus Parker. From the serial number it was made in 1892. It does not have external hammers. I can't find it my book, could anyone help me out. Thanks in advance!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not very good at grading the condition of guns so I will just try to describe it.

The barrel shows most of the pattern, the inside of the barrel is also very smooth. From my understanding of case colors, this gun is 0%. The engraving is all in good shape. The biggest problem that I can see is that there has been what appears to be brass screwed into the stock around the grip. It starts up by where the safety is mounted and runs down to the trigger guard. It appears to be done by a skilled craftsman, being that it fits very well, but I have never seen this on a Parker before, so I assume the stock is probably cracked underneath. Have you ever seen anything like this? Serial number 75XXX Thanks for your help.

· Registered
8,213 Posts
That brass and 0% case colors is really gonna hurt the value, I'm going to make a wild guess and say it's 60% condition but realize I can't see the gun.

Parker damascus barreled shotguns (hammer or hammerless) are very collectible if original condition is over 40%. Specimens in 90% or better condition with strong case colors can approximate values of the steel barrel models if the bores are in excellent condition also (no pitting). Values for under 40% specimens fall off rapidly and are no longer comparable to steel barrel guns.

According to the Standard Catalog of Firearms , this gun is worth approx. $1150 in poor condition , so I'm guessing yours would be slightly higher.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep up somewhat on dealer asking prices, along with GunsAmercia and another two auction sites. Here are the only guns I've seen advertised since May of this year:

GH, 16ga, 28", 96% wood, 96% metal, Excell cond. $2,495 (Guns America ad.)

GH, 16ga, 28" Damascus bbls, 0 size frame, 60% case color, $1,895 "Monty Whitley Inc" 5/13/03

Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.