1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kanuck
(4/23/03 5:13:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All I need info on a 10 ***** Parker Bros. side by side
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been able to find out it's manufacture date thanks to the serial number (made in 1912), but I'm having trouble finding a model number. Here's the info I have on it:
-serial number 163964
-32" barrels
-barrels are marked as "Special Steel"
-just about every exposed piece of metal has scroll work on it

Does anyone have any information that would be helpful to me? I'm interested in knowing the model number, value, and any other info about it.

MarlandS
Master Archivist
(4/23/03 9:49:35 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: I need info on a 10 ***** Parker Bros. side by side
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frame size on Parker shotguns is determined by the number on the bottom of the rear barrel lug on breech. Frame sizes (from largest to smallest) include 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1½, 1, ½, 0, 00, and 000.

The grade on Parker shotguns is a number or initials located on the water table of the frame. An alphabetical designation would indicate the grade immediately (ie AH, Vh , GH etc)

if we can figure out the grade I'm pretty sure I can get you a value

Shotgunworld
Forum Owner
(4/24/03 1:21:47 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: I need info on a 10 ***** Parker Bros. side by side
Wow MarlandS!
I can remember when you stopped by to ask me a question about your shotgun....now look at you...you're a regular Professor of Antique Shotguns.

I'm so proud

regards,
Jay G.

Shotgunworld.com

rycher
Frequent SW Visitor
(4/24/03 7:12:54 am)
Hi Mars and gang. There's a most helpful site (www.parkerguns.org) that is very informative and offers a letter for most Parkers including the guns history such as ordered specs, who placed the order and unique characteristics, etc. They really helped me a lot with my D-grade 12 manufactured in '02. Check it out if you're interested.

rycher
Frequent SW Visitor
(4/24/03 7:16:22 am)
Wait a minute. Hold the phone. It's www.parkergun.org. NOT parkerguns. My bad.

Kanuck
(4/24/03 9:37:49 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Parker
Thanks MarlandS. I'll see if I can find that info (I don't have the gun with me right now). My father actually got the gun this fall from his brother. I don't know for sure, but I think he even had it out in the goose blinds with him this fall.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi: You're not bad. The Parker Gun Collectors Association has upgraded its website. The former site is retained in its archives at the moment. The new site is truly parkerguns.org. The old site was parkergun.org

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.