Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you more experianced shotgunners could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

I just took delivery of a Rem 870 Express receiver ONLY, (no dimples :p ). I have already purchased a bolt/slide combo, trigger group, Surefire tac light with pump tube/action bars. I still need receiver pins, stock, and a 18" barrel. I have had trouble finding a source for the pins and barrel. I would rather have a factory Rem barrel over the Mossburg.

Any recommendations :?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for stocks i would go with either speedfeed (i have one), or choate (heard good things about). I would avoid Advanced technologies stocks. I had some of thier stocks and they are the worst i have seen. For the other little parts like pins and junk you can always just order them from remington parts department if you cant find them anywhere else. Alot of different cataloges have the barrels. Mossberg even has remington barrels for sale on the company site (i remember right they where an ok price). I really dont know why you bought all the stuff seperate though, i would think it would cost alot more....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually it does not cost any more. If you figure spending about $270 for a complete 870 and than having to change to a speedfeed stock, surefire forend, buy a mag ext. I will come out ahead in the long run and I won't have all those extra parts.

Brownells does not sell the "trigger plate pins". I will probably have to order direct through Remington. I hope they don't screw me too hard. :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try Gun Parts Corporation aka- Numrich Arms use the search engine for the link.They have a good website with many thousands of parts,and everything for a Remington 870.I actually live 15 minutes from them. You can find out prices right on-line.Surely will be less expensive then direct from Remington.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts