Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently moved to the Chambersburg / Carlisle / Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania and have not been able to locate a new range.

I am relatively new to clay pigeon shooting and haven't yet participate in "organized" shooting disciplines such as trap/skeet/sporting clays, however I have not been able to locate a range in the area. In the Philadelphia area, I frequented the Wicen Shooting Range which allows trap rentals and open shooting anytime, not just during a single weekly club practice session.

Everywhere online I look for a new range seems to point to clubs with very structured shooting schedules. I have tried claytargetsonline, which seems to be very popular on this forum, however they don't seem to show anything in my area (and ironically, don't even list my old range).

I am hoping that someone from either this same area might know of a range where I could shoot clays without actually participating in any of the formal disciplines.

Thanks!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Our club is all volunteer range officers. We have two afternoons for 3 or 4 hours when the trap and skeet are open for practice rounds. Week ends are 6 hours each day.
The rest of the time is for grass cutting and maintenence. I don't know what other clubs do, but you may not find a club you can shoot that will allow you to shoot all days and all times.
Try your local gun shops, they should know where the ranges are in your area.
I wish our club had one evening during the week. :(

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
http://carlislefishandgame.org/

Carlisle has everything....skeet, trap, sporting, fishing, maybe rifle/pistol. Good folks, friendly club. Close to PA Turnpike and I-81. Start there and you'll learn about the clubs in the area.

Shoot the Central Pennsylvania Skeet League this winter/spring and you'll visit the other skeet clubs in the Susquehanna Valley. No need to wait until you are "good enough" to join the league. Come as you are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Sunday mornings you can go to Timberline sporting clays - (Chambersburg Rod & Gun Club) Starting at 9 and they run till around 2-3. Great group of guys and you don't have to be a member to shoot. Cost 9.00 to shoot a round of 50 birds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.