Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Perazzi MX15 for trap earlier this year and I'm wanting to buy some aftermarket extended chokes to test patterning with. I'm wanting to make sure my barrel is a 18.4 bore. I bought it used and I don't know any of the history. The barrel is clearly marked 18.4. I have what I believe to be the factory set of chokes but they don't have a bore size on them. When I measure the inside diameter at the thread end I get 0.736". Isn't that 18.7mm? Or am I measuring the wrong area? I don't have a fancy bore gauge, only a set of calipers.

My main concern is buying a 18.4 choke when it's been backbored to 18.7 and messing my barrel up if that's even possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
14,667 Posts
Q: If it was back-bored , and has threads , it was likely threaded for thin-walled chokes at the same time....so find out if you can?

.724 is a standard Perazzi bore. They have factory chokes for this bore. .736 is also a factory bore and they have factory chokes for this size , too. Briley provides both sizes in aftermarket chokes. So does Teague.

My wife has a factory bored .729 and had Briley put in thin-walls. I have seen but never owned a .732 and a .740. I am not aware of Perazzi ever making factory choke tubes for these "odd" size bores.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.