Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get into trap shooting and have been looking around at new and used O/U's. I recently found a Perazzi MT-6 online for about $2K and one for a little over $3K. I'm wondering why these are so cheap compared to other Perazzi's. Does anyone have any info on this model?

I'm leaning towards a 32" Citori XT, but am curious about this Perazzi.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
The MT-6 is a fixed trigger gun compared to the more desirable Perazzis (MX-8, MX-2000, Mirage, etc.) with a removable trigger. Also, the MT-6 was the first commercially available O/U with choke tubes in both barrels. The way that Perazzi threaded the chokes, it was very easy to shoot them out and damage the barrel. Also, the cosmetics of the guns are somewhat strange with stripes milled into the receiver.

I can't find my Perazzi date book right now but the MT-6 was dropped from production at least 25 years ago.

So, add it all together: fixed trigger, chokes that require more attention and care, odd cosmetics, and age and you get a $2-3K Perazzi.

All that said, the MT-6 was still made to the same quality as all the other Perazzis and they can be quite the bargain. I know several people who shoot them and like them very much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.