Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm considering buying a Perazzi 28 gauge, and would like to know if someone has an opinion on this gun.
Thanks for your answers

HM

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
it's a perazzi, in 28 gauge-----for me, i would want longer barrels than are available--enough so i would buy a guerinni before a p-gun-regardless of cost.

if you are buying it to hunt with--it will last many---many generations if cared for----just like a browning or beretta :roll:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have had one for years, inherited from my uncle...and it is the gun that fits me best of all my guns. I love it....light, very nice wood to metal fit, and a good all day carry out in the upland fields. It always goes into the Jeep with me, even if it does not get used. I have a bunch of other 28's, and I pretty much use them exclusively for upland hunting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TexasTon said:
it's a perazzi, in 28 gauge-----for me, i would want longer barrels than are available--enough so i would buy a guerinni before a p-gun-regardless of cost.

if you are buying it to hunt with--it will last many---many generations if cared for----just like a browning or beretta :roll:
I saw and tried a MX28 with 32" barrels, so I guess they do have long barrels.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
henriquemenezes said:
i guess if you know the right people, or have enough money :roll:

i asked a large perazzi dealer, also sponsored by perazzi not long ago, he said 29.5'' barrels were all he could get---longest.

this was 3-4 years ago-------i just went to perazzis' site, that is all they show there, that i could find

would like to know if someone has an opinion on this gun.
Thanks for your answers
are you expecting/questioning it to be of lessor quality than other perazzis'//

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TexasTon said:
henriquemenezes said:
i guess if you know the right people, or have enough money :roll:

i asked a large perazzi dealer, also sponsored by perazzi not long ago, he said 29.5'' barrels were all he could get---longest.

this was 3-4 years ago-------i just went to perazzis' site, that is all they show there, that i could find

would like to know if someone has an opinion on this gun.
Thanks for your answers
are you expecting/questioning it to be of lessor quality than other perazzis'//
I also saw that in the site, but the dealer ( In England) that I had a quote from, told me that barrel lenght was not a problem.

The purpose of my question, was to see if someone had an opinion on this gun that could justify the higher price of this gun when compared to other Perazzi's.
I guess I'm expecting it to be of higher quality than other Perazzi's

Thanks

HM

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
i guess i'll end my ''opinion'' with-----i only know one guy that hunts with a 28 perazzi, he treasures the gun----he is also a master sporting shooter and the best stockmaker/smith i know. he readily admits he would get more bang for his buck with another gun----but i don't see him selling it anytime soon :roll:

shooting 2-10 cases a year, it should last several lifetimes

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Desertrat said:
I have had one for years, inherited from my uncle...and it is the gun that fits me best of all my guns. I love it....light, very nice wood to metal fit, and a good all day carry out in the upland fields. It always goes into the Jeep with me, even if it does not get used. I have a bunch of other 28's, and I pretty much use them exclusively for upland hunting.
Thanks for your feedback.
I want it for doves, and some sporting clays for fun. I only saw one ( mentioned in the other post) and can't take the thing out of my mind ever since.

Best
HM

·
Banned
473 Posts
It's a Perazzi, so obviously it's a good gun. If you want something with the same feel that's less than half the price and is also a very good gun, look at the Caesar Guerini Magnus Sporter. List price is $3600 and it comes in 32"

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I have a Perazzi MX 8-20 w/ a set of 28g barrels.Both sets of barrels are 31 1/2 " and have fixed chokes ; IC/LtMod on the 28 and Lt Mod/Mod on the 20g.

I took this gun to Argentina in 2004 and it is the best dove gun I have ever shot.It shot 4000+ shells(all 28g) in 4 days and never had a problem.

Perazzi makes (basically ) three 28g guns....one on a full sized 12g frame, one on a 20g frame(the one I have ) and an expensive one on a true 28g frame--the MX 28.It usually goes for $10,000.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sera russell said:
I have a Perazzi MX 8-20 w/ a set of 28g barrels.Both sets of barrels are 31 1/2 " and have fixed chokes ; IC/LtMod on the 28 and Lt Mod/Mod on the 20g.

I took this gun to Argentina in 2004 and it is the best dove gun I have ever shot.It shot 4000+ shells(all 28g) in 4 days and never had a problem.

Perazzi makes (basically ) three 28g guns....one on a full sized 12g frame, one on a 20g frame(the one I have ) and an expensive one on a true 28g frame--the MX 28.It usually goes for $10,000.
Thanks for your answer.
Doves, and Argentina, will be the main reason for buying this gun.
I also considered the MX8-20 with 28 gauge barrels, but I was afraid that it could be to heavy, and not well balanced.
What's the weight on yours with the 28 tubes ?
Does your gun has the removable trigger group?
This is not an option on the MX28, and I think it would be a nice thing to have in a high volume gun. Although it comes with coil springs, which are able to function even when broken.
I was also in Argentina in 2004, and it was there that I saw the little MX28 in action and I was hooked ! It had 32" barrels and choked Full and Full, and the distance that it would bring doves down was unbelivable.
The only problem is the price, and that's why I posted in the forum...I wasn't sure about spending that amount without some opinions. But it's not easy to find someone who has experience with these small gauge Perazzi's.
I'll be looking into the MX8/20 as well.

Thanks
HM

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
HM: My gun weighs a little over 7 lbs and is well balanced.I also shoot it at small gauge sporting clays.I made a few 50 yd shots w/ my gun even though it is really not set up w/ chokes for 50 yd 28g shots.

The 2 sets of barrels are w/in 1 oz of each other...and I could not be more pleased.

My gun has the removable triggers and a selective trigger(though that's a feature I have never used).

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
TexasTon said:
i guess i'll end my ''opinion'' with-----i only know one guy that hunts with a 28 perazzi, he treasures the gun----he is also a master sporting shooter and the best stockmaker/smith i know. he readily admits he would get more bang for his buck with another gun----but i don't see him selling it anytime soon :roll:

shooting 2-10 cases a year, it should last several lifetimes
TT just curious why all the eye rolls? If this guy has the money and wants a Perazzi 28g what's wrong with that? Who cares what it costs if it makes one happy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts