Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what the 'Special' signifies and how it differs from the standard MX8?
Have any of you shot both Perazzi and Beretta DT10? I'm wondering if they have similar handling.
I shoot a 30" DT10 and find it a little fast. I've bought a Briley barrel weight but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm expecting hours of frustration trying to figure out where to place it!
Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I don't know about the "Special" designation. Might shoot John Herkowitz at www.pacificsportingarms.com an email or a phone call. I have shot DT10s and am not a big fan; they're a great gun but they're just not my cup of tea. I currently shoot an MX8 and I love it. Just like I felt that my Blaser trigger was telepathic, the handling of my Perazzi seems telepathic. I just think it and it goes there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The "special" refers to the P4 adjustable trigger. The trigger blade is adjustable for fore/aft travel in 4 positions. You will encounter Specials w/o the P4 trigger but that is due to a trigger swap. I had an MX8 Spl that I shot for bunker and it handles about the same as my current bunker gun, a Beretta DT10. I find the Beretta is a slightly better handling gun for the 2nd shot in bunker as the overbored bbls on the Beretta help me recover faster for the 2nd shot. The MX8 is NOT slower than the DT10. Don't think it is any faster either. My Beretta SO4 bunker gun is faster than either of the others. Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts