Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MX8 that the trigger assembly has some side to side wiggle. No wiggle front/rearward. The trigger assembly falls out occasionally when firing the gun. I have replaced the safety leaf spring. It now takes more forward pressure on the safety to release the assembly, but it still falls out and has the annoying wiggle. I purchased the gun new condition and unfired. Any suggestions or should I send it to someone like Don Rackley?

· Registered
14 Posts
It almost sounds like the plunger isn't releasing fully into the trigger housing. Like it's just being held by tension against the trigger until recoil or pressure causes it to drop out. I wonder if you couldn't mark the plunger end with chalk and see where it's making contact.

· Registered
160 Posts
Did you double check the numbers on the stock? And also the trigger?

Are you sure you are seating it correctly? Something sounds fishy here from the dealer, are they reputable? I've pulled my trigger out and back a bunch of times with no problems and I have a circa 2004 mx8.

· Registered
15,044 Posts
R--this is wrong. I have had a plunger that did not go back (so the trigger group was stuck "in") , so one that does not engage all the way could be the issue.

Send it to Perazzi USA, Don , or Giacomo (Dan).

· Registered
24 Posts
Claybuster,

Without seeing it, I can only speculate, but it sounds like a couple of things are going on. First, the trigger should not have much side to side wiggle. Try tightening up the stockbolt slightly.

Second, if you have replaced the safety spring, that is a good thing if the trigger is coming out. I'm pretty sure you have cleaned the hole in the back of the trigger, please do so again with a QTip and acetone. If it still drops out, it sounds like the trigger lever mechanism needs to be adjusted. I would need to see the trigger and receiver to know more. Turnaround time for this work is 1 or 2 days.

Don Rackley

· Registered
247 Posts
Had the same problem trigger was fine in oneTM1 but fell out of the other on recoil, Try putting the trigger in until you think it is seated than give it a good rap from bottom with your palm mine just needed that extra push to seat properly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts