Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dream gun right now is the X2, but I'm hearing nightmare stories about light shells not cycling.

I'd like a versitile shotgun for both dove and ducks.

Suggestions please!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Xtrema 2. How is it for dove? I'm sure it's awesome for waterfowl!!!

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Worc said:
The Xtrema's are one of the better 3 1/2" models for cycling lighter loads. They should cycle the 1oz field loads all day long for doves.
Yep...I did see a brand new out of box, cleaned and lubed, Xtreme 2 shoot 4 rounds of skeet with Walmart promo loads by?? Fed or Win... 1 1/8th oz @ 1200fps...Not even a hiccup :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
there really is no point in buying a 3 1/2" gun in my opinion. you can always use heavyshot for the times you shoot geese, and still retain the ability to cycle 2 3/4 field loads well.

so my perfect gun would be beretta 391 or benelli m2 or a beretta 686 or browning cynergy. take your choice. also if you ever decide to take up skeet or sporting clays you're covered as well. buy what fits best.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, just got off the phone with a sales rep and he said for the 3 listed birds above, the Urika 2 391 would be the best alternative. SO Urika 2 it is!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine chews up lighter loads and spitz them out just fine. The X2 is the best gun I have ever owned. Just focus on your prey and let the gun do the rest. Ducks, Geese, turkey, Deer and grouse have all fallin victim to my X2.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.