Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

The wife of my nephew will be the guest of honor for a baby shower next month.
My nephew and I are wondering if anybody has a place near the northwest Minneapolis area were we can use our equipment to shoot at some clay targets with a few other friends. Ranges are fine but most of these guys have not ever used one and we do not want to make this to formal. We are just looking for a chance to have a good time. You are more than welcome to join us. I am an Iowan by birth and have a freezer of fine pork and beef that I am willing to offer a few cuts to you.

Thanks
Ron.
The four best colors in the world are, Red White Blue and blaze orange.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Metro Gun club would probably be the best bet, it is in northern Blaine on Naples St. Take the 95th St exit, go west, take a right and go north at the first stoplight, and follow to the end of the road. Call a few days in advance (763) 786-5880 and talk to Rick or Rita about getting a traphouse and trapper devoted to your group. This way you can shoot more informally without interfering with the normal club operation providing they allow it.
Otherwise, the northwest suburbs are kind of devoid of gun ranges. There are a handful of private ones and those open to the public are either very limited as to hours open, are open only a couple days per week, or are a fair distance out. If you will be in far western Hennipen county, you could check out the ranges in Wright, Sherburne, and Anoka counties. There are some not too far away from the border that are open to the public. I don't know how willing they are to accomodate somethignother than the normal though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Last summer my brother in law got me hooked on shooting clays. So i had to buy my own shotgun. Living only a couple miles from the Oakdale club I have been shooting there when it is open to the public, you can't beat their prices. So far I have liked shooting at South St Paul other then their recent policy change for the public. I like S. St. Paul's variety. But they now require you to buy the shells from them. The problem is it is way over priced now, $20 for a single round of trap. So I am either going to become a member or find somewhere else to shoot.

I shot at the Metro in Blaine a couple weekends ago. Not a bad place. A bit on the expensive side but the facility is nice and the workers were polite.

Though right now my favorite place to shoot is Games Unlimited just north of Hudson, WI. They are constantly changing their sporting clays courses. Every time I go there it is different.

I am looking to see what your guy's experiences are. Where you like to go and why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts